Monday, September 6, 2010

New Room (in progress)!

Check out bits and pieces of my new big girl ROOM (in progress)!

We have been wanting to make Loralai a big girl room for a while now, but because of lack of funds we have not been able to create what I have envisioned for her space. Although it definitely is far from what I would like the end product to be, it is starting to take shape.

So last night I went to Winners just for a little retail therapy after a stressful day, I stumbled across this bedding and I fell in love! It is bright, vibrant, fun, and incorporated all the colours I wanted in her room. I also did not want to get her bedding that was too toddler like and that could grow with her for a while. It was a fabulous deal as well, it came with 9 pieces: the comforter which is reversible, two pillowcases (that I actually sewed together because she has a body pillow), an over-sized pillow with pillowcase (she is sitting on it reading her book), the sheet set (the top sheet I actually made a curtain out of), the wall stickers, a pink blanket, and a hamper, all for $80.
You would think that for that price something would be lacking, but the quality is fantastic as well!

Eventually I would like to paint her room purple or green, put up wainscoting, and of course pick up her bed which is a hand me down from her cousin Charlie (Thank you Lissa!). Although the mod vinyl circles were not something that I necessary wanted to incorporate, she definitely needed something to spruce up her plain walls. I would like to get a book shelft, and I also ordered a couple of prints courtesy of Etsy! Which will look a little something like this:

Obviously the first picture will have all of Loralai's pertinent information and instead of a flower and ladybug will have a owl and a bird! If you like this is it by a talented local Etsy seller named Potatopatch. The 2nd print is from a talent Etsy seller Sugarfresh.

Did I mention Loralai loves it! She was so excited and was running around like a crazy little lady all day!


Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!



1 comments:

Jenni said...

I love your style! Her room is sooooo cute, and what a big girl. I can't beleive she's been sleeping in a big-girl bed for so long. Preston is still in his crib and we hope to keep him there for as long as possible LOL...only because it makes our job easier. I'm so not ready to tackle potty training or crib/bed stuff yet LOL. Call me a lazy mom.