Saturday, February 19, 2011

Glimpse at our Valentines Day 2011.

So I know that this post is a little late, but I had oral surgery just over a week ago and honestly it has been quite a painful recovery that I did not exactly feel up to doing a whole lot. But finally I am starting to feel much better! 

So I should start off with the valentines that Loralai and I created for her little friends at the daycare. Are they not adorable? For the boys we just used blue and green paper, but I guess they were still a little girlie ;) 


We started out our morning with a smoothie with banana and strawberries, and yes you do see that correctly some heart shaped candy...the fruit in the smoothie off sets the candy right?  lol



 Then we got right into baking the cupcakes! Yummy!


Then I had made up a few crafts in advance for Loralai to do throughout the day. I just bagged the crafts up so that it would be like a fun mystery present for her to pick out a bag, and open it up to find out what she would be doing! There was foam hearts with glue, special valentines colouring pages, and a heart picture frame for her to paint. 

They were a success until the last craft project which happened to be the frame with the paint. I set her up and she was having fun, I left the kitchen for about 20 seconds to return to her licking the paint off of her fingers...I panicked since the painted was not kids paint. So I quickly called telehealth while Daddy washed her hands and rinsed her mouth out, and refilled the paint bottles to see how much she might have consumed. The paint was water based, non toxic, Loralai is completely fine, well other then the fact that she is crying because we took the paint away. So telehealth connected me with poison control and they told me that they were not concerned, since it was non toxic and the amount she consumed was so small. So for about 15 minutes on valentines day I was a wreak! 


 But before all that drama, Loralai and I did go and drop off some cupcakes to the girls at my work, then we headed over to an indoor play place, then we came home and had some yummy lunch, and watched a Tinker Bell movie! Then we had a breakfast for valentines dinner with pancakes and bacon.

So other then the 15 minutes of panic and drama, we had a fun day! :)

0 comments: