Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

So I can't wait to post a mother's day any longer! I have been trying to save showing our mother's day card until Grandma in Florida received hers...yes I know it should have been sent out in enough time but Daddy kept forgetting to bring it along with him in the morning, and I can't blame him too much I am not sure how much I would remember at 4:30am. (Sorry Grandma Maggie!)

So the next two cards were made for Loralai's Grandma's and Godmothers! They are the same except for the wording.


Anywho, my mother's day started out with breakfast in bed. Daddy made me eggs, with hash browns and toast. Daddy told Loralai that we were bringing Mommy breakfast in bed so she went over the cupboard, got the Shreddies box (which normally is a pretty typical breakfast for me) and brought them up for me! How priceless :)

I got two priceless master piece from Loralai, there is only a picture of one since I brought the other to hang up at work. I think that Daddy had a little bit of an influence with the written love you lol. The other painting had Loralai's hand prints on it so I couldn't help but hang it up beside my desk :) I also got a new Ipod Shuffle that I am going to use for running.

After I got to lay around in bed alone for the next couple of hours, we got up and headed to Georgetown for lunch with Grandma, Great-grandma and of course the rest of the fam! On the way there I realized that my camera's battery was indeed dead hence why there is not a lot of pictures :( we got stuck in traffic for 1hr so it took us 2hrs to get to our destination, and of course because I was not driving I got car sick :( so not ideal...but once we got to Great Aunt Bonnie's house we had lots of fun!

Now of course this next quote does not quite apply to me yet, but the meaning is so true, and one day in the not too far future it will!:

"By the time a women realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter that thinks she is wrong" (unknown)

When I found this quote a quite a while ago it had me reflecting on how this quote rang so true for me and my mom. There is one story that always sticks out in my mind: when I was about I would say 10 or 11 I told my mom I was going to the park with a friend, so when my mom came out to check to make sure I was ok, she saw my friend but did not see me. So she asked my friend where I was and she answered that she did not know. So after about 10 minutes of frantic looking my mom found me down at the neighbours house talking with one of the mothers. For a long time I did not at all understand why my mom was so angry with me, I got it once I started having small cousins around, but I did not actully understand it until I became a mom. You are so in love with your child, that not knowing where they are for even a split moment is such a instant gut wrenching sickening feeling. It is when you realize that you would give your life for them without hesitation.

Happy Mother's Day!

0 comments: