I cannot believe that Loralai is starting school in just about 30 short hours, my little princess will be embarking on a new journey...a journey that will take her through approximately the next 18 years of her life:
Elementary school - 10 years
Highschool - 4 years
college/university - 4 years
Yesterday we went to the school for orientation, basically the her teacher Mrs. Day-Morrow introduced herself, showed and explained everything around the classroom, and what Loralai could expect. Loralai was of course shy, but she like always took everything in and was SO EXCITED to explain everything to Daddy and I on the way home. Mrs. Day-Morrow is also a very kind and gentle person, I think that Loralai will respond well to her.
Loralai has a communication book that she needs to take back and forth with her everyday to school, this is basically a purple folder that holds anything that the parents should know, any reading she needs to do, and this is also our way as parents to communicate with the teacher as well. Loralai has her own little bucket labelled with her name, at the front of the classroom where she will drop her communication book every morning!
Yesterday morning when we woke up to start our day, I told Loralai that she was going to go to the school in the afternoon to meet her teacher, she looked at me with big eyes and apprehension and said "Mommy, I don't know what to do at school!" so I told her that's why Mommy was taking her in to meet her teacher and see her classroom, so that when she started on Friday she would know what to do!
As the Mommy of this beautiful, strong, funny, little human being...I am so proud and excited for her to start school. I think that she is ready (knock on wood) BUT there is some apprehension starting to also kick in, I am of course worried about how she will cope, bullying, etc. but hopefully with all the love she has from her family and friends, from the kind of values that we have taught and will continue to teach her everyday, she will be just fine!
So Loralai in just 30 short hours your journey will begin, Mommy loves you!!








0 comments:
Post a Comment