Oh happy day!

Loralai last month (I know I am a little late) started to sleep in her big girl bed! Loralai had not slept an entire night (and I do not mean without waking at least once) in her own bed since she got her first cold at 5 months, she got used to Mommy holding her all night long. Then she stopped liking her crib because when she started to roll around she would hit her head or get her leg stuck in the bars.
So for the past 11 months Loralai had been sleeping in between Daddy and Mommy. Needless to say, as Loralai got bigger Mommy got less and less room to sleep on. So when we moved into our new house, we tried moving her crib mattress out of the crib and on to the floor beside our bed, but that did not work she would still get up crying. So I told Todd I had enough, and desperately needed a full nights sleep, and that we should try a twin bed for her.
I wish I had gotten the twin bed months and months ago, because from the very first night we got it for her she LOVED it! Loralai has slept in her new big girl bed every night since we got it! Mommy has actually had to have several uninterrupted sleeps for the first time since Loralai was born!

Loralai last month (I know I am a little late) started to sleep in her big girl bed! Loralai had not slept an entire night (and I do not mean without waking at least once) in her own bed since she got her first cold at 5 months, she got used to Mommy holding her all night long. Then she stopped liking her crib because when she started to roll around she would hit her head or get her leg stuck in the bars.
So for the past 11 months Loralai had been sleeping in between Daddy and Mommy. Needless to say, as Loralai got bigger Mommy got less and less room to sleep on. So when we moved into our new house, we tried moving her crib mattress out of the crib and on to the floor beside our bed, but that did not work she would still get up crying. So I told Todd I had enough, and desperately needed a full nights sleep, and that we should try a twin bed for her.
I wish I had gotten the twin bed months and months ago, because from the very first night we got it for her she LOVED it! Loralai has slept in her new big girl bed every night since we got it! Mommy has actually had to have several uninterrupted sleeps for the first time since Loralai was born!



1 comments:
Wow oh wow! That is huge! Congrats on transitioning her to the big girl bed so early! So I take it you do the pillow thing to prevent her from rolling out.
I know what you mean about sleeping in the same bed. We have only let Preston sleep in our bed with us on a very VERY few precious occassions, usually because he was sick, or we were on vacation and he couldn't sleep. but all he does is kick, wiggle, and he seriously hogs the entire bed. It's rediculous. How can someone THAT small take up our entire bed and kick us out of it? LOL
Post a Comment