So lately I have been contemplating the fact if Loralai maybe ready to start with the beginning stages of potty training. I want to make sure that I tackle this process in a way that is stress free for her, and to try and make it fun experience.
She has started when she wants to be changed to say "bum" go and get her wipes and a diaper, then lay down on the ground. She also knows that the toilet is where you go "pee pee". So because of these two reasons I thought that I would get a potty and place it into the bathroom, and let her sit on it, and see where it goes from there.
I am not sure if I am behind on this process of purchasing a potty for this reason, and I also know that she is not really ready to start the training part, but I thought this would be a step she is ready for.
So I have been sourcing potty's and chatting with others that have been through the process to get their take on which one worked for them. I have decided not to get one with flashy add on's like music or funny noises, but going with a simple alternative and then letting her add stickers or something to make it her own.
I am also going to start reading her some using the potty books, my cousin Carrie and I actually found a really great potty training book from Scholastic specific for girls the other night, and she said that she was going to get it for Loralai so I am looking forward to reading it to her.
I am not ready for her to be grown up nor do I want to push the process, but since she has shown some interest I thought it might be a good thing just to throw out there and let her try it. If she likes it then wonderful, if not then I will put it away and try again another time! I will let Loralai run the shots on this one.



2 comments:
I can't wait to hear how it goes. The whole potty-training thing is something I'm sort of dreading. Maybe it's because I have a boy.
I have heard though that girls can start potty-training a lot earlier than boys though. So good luck!
Good luck!!!!!
Post a Comment