Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bad Mommy??

So it was just Loralai and I all day today, and I really needed to go and workout since for the last few days Goodlife just has not made it into my schedule! I know that they have childminding at the Goodlife so I decided that I would bring Loralai and she could maybe play with some new toys and meet some new friends, and for an hour it might not be too bad. Well...I think she was traumatized! At about the 35-40 minute mark the lady running the childminding came and let me know that Loralai was crying and they could not get her to stop. I felt awful.

Loralai is normally pretty adaptable so I thought that the best way to approach leaving her would be to not make a big deal about me leaving. I think that if I choose to try and take her again that this time I would stay for a few minutes and get her accustomed first before I leave...I don't know. The women that work at the childminding were really great though, they told me that they knew she needed more attention, but because it was so busy in there this morning they just could not give it to her. So they advised that next time I bring her a little later when it is not as busy, which I think that I definitely will do.

Loralai does go to daycare everyday but it is with her cousin/godmother Carrie and she started to go to Carrie's when she was 11 weeks old, and all the kids she has known since they were all little babies so they have grown together. So Loralai has not had to ever deal with being sent to a new environment like that before so I guess I should have expected it. So I think that places me in the bad Mommy books for this morning :(




1 comments:

Savvy said...

Oh Lyndsey, don't feel bad! Not making a big deal about leaving her there seemed like a good idea, I would do the same! But I guess this is just one of those unpleasant situations that we learn a lot from. And I'm sure there's a lot more to learn about parenting that we'll discover as our little ones grow up.