Last weekend it was girls weekend, and what a better place to go then to NYC?! So Carrie, Sarah, Chrissy, Rosey, Lissa, Marnie, and I piled onto our trains and planes and met in one of the greatest cities in the world!
It was fantastic. Our trip started at 11pm when we headed in the car towards Buffalo, our train left at 4:30am, trying to sleep on the train was tricky, but we managed to get a couple of hours. The train ride itself lasted 8 hrs, but honestly it went by fairly quickly.
We stayed in Midtown Manhattan in the Eventi Hotel. The rooms although not enormous did have two queen (more like double) beds, but finding two queen beds in Manhattan is not an easy feat! For perspective our hotel only had two rooms that offered queen beds on each floor. Our hotel also had a beautiful terrace on the 5th floor, I wish I could have hung out on there more, but seeing and doing everything in NYC in 4 days does not allow for much down time!
Our room...now do not judge, I should not have taken a picture when we were packing up, but that is when I remembered! I LOVED that shower, now between the city and feeling dirty every time I cam back to the hotel, and the beautiful shower itself, I took quite a few showers! :) The beds were also so comfortable!
A couple of views from our terrace, you can see the empire state building, and the new building that is being built on the same location as the twin towers (pic 4).
We also of course visited the 9/11 memorial. I do not think many words are required for these photos...
Here is a little video to commemorate our visit to the 9/11 Memorial.
We went to central park, Klienfeilds (Say Yes to the Dress) Chrissy tried on some dresses thankfully only to confirm that she does indeed love her dress she has already, Times Square, Carlos Bakery (Cake Boss), 80's Prom Show at Webster Hall ($16 a drink!), and lots and lots and lots of other spots...
So I don't have any pictures of anyone other than Sarah and Carrie...lol...that is because the three of us did most touristy things during the day (since I had never been there before), while the other ladies shopped until they dropped! :)
Once I get a copy of all of us at the 80's prom show, I will make sure to post it! :)
On the last day, while Sarah and I were relaxing in the lobby of our hotel since it was pouring raining and we were waiting to leave to catch our train at Penn station, I saw my only celebrity sighting of the trip...Slash was staying at our hotel too!
My feet were definitely ready for our 8 hour train ride, and 2 hour car ride home! I wish that we had more time, but thank you NYC for the memories, I am sure I will be back again!!
























0 comments:
Post a Comment