Saturday, June 20, 2009

Loralai's Party!!

If I could sum Loralai’s birthday up in one word it would definitely be FUN! She was surrounded by family and friends, including all her little baby friends Drake, Grace, and Sofia. I set aside one part of the living-room and hallway area for all of Loralai’s toys, so that Loralai’s and her friends could play, and boy oh boy did they play! Originally we had wanted to hold her party in the backyard, and I had different activities in mind like a water table (that she received on her actual birthday from Carrie), and her pool with sand buckets and shovels, but it of course rained all day so we had to improvise.


Carrie and I made the 1 large cupcake which was from scratch carrot cake, and the 24 regular vanilla cupcakes. The cake was a big hit especially the carrot cake...delicious!


They say that the first birthday is more for the parents then the child, and I would have to agree, and also disagree on that one. Yes, the theme and decorations were all what I wanted and she does not technically know that it is her birthday, but she did have lots of fun, and all of her friends and toys were there! So I would say it is a little bit of both.


Starting with Loralai’s first birthday I wanted to begin a couple of birthday traditions. My parents had a “Happy Birthday Lyndsey” sign made when I turned a year old and to this day they still put it up every year. It is one thing that I look forward to each year and I wanted Loralai to have a similar special tradition. I (with a little loving help) created a pin the candle on the cupcake game out of felt. This game will be something that we will be able to put up every year, and what is even more special is that it was made and not bought. I also have a fabric Happy Birthday sign, this one I actually purchased from Pottery Barn Kids. I wanted something again that we will be able to take out and hand year after year.



1 comments:

Jenni said...

That is such a great idea - the birthday sign. Wow you have been busy then! Her party looked like it went really well and was a lot of fun. She is so cute!! I just love how social babies are.

Your cake looked amazing too! I wanna see more photos of that! The frosting....how did you do that? It looked like your dyed just the tips of it in color.