We just found out tonight that Loralai has Roseola. For the past roughly 5 days Loralai has been in and out of the hospital or doctors office. It first started last Thursday when Loralai woke up with two gooey eyes, so I called our doctor when the office opened that morning and they were able to get us in almost right away. The doctor confirmed that Loralai had two eye infections, a swollen gland in her throat, and a slight fever. She prescribed us eye drops, and said that the swollen glands were caused from a virus. So we got the prescription and we were on our way.
Well on Thursday evening I had gone out with my mom, we came home and Loralai was in her high chair eating dinner with Daddy, and for whatever reason we both gapped and forgot to close the gate to the stairs. Well during dinner Loralai was getting fussy and wanted down so I let her, and she was playing in the kitchen, she went out into the living room which normally is just fine if the gate is closed, all we heard was bang bang CRY!! We went running over to find her face first in the front door mat. She had fallen down 4 carpeted steps. Loralai cried for about 5 minutes and Mommy cried for much much longer. I just could not believe that we left the gate open. So fortunately she ended up with just a small rug burn on her head, and no other bruises.
Loralai's fever had got much worse by this time so I tried to give her some Tylenol but she threw it up right away, she fell asleep and I made sure to keep a close eye on her. At about 2:00am I decided that she was just too hot and woke her up. I tried again to give her some Tylenol but again she threw it up, I started to panic and we decided to take her to the hospital. The nurse registered us and tried giving her Tylenol again but to no avail and she threw up again, just this time it was all over Mommy.
We finally got into a room after waiting for about 4 hours. The nurse again took her temperature this time rectally which was 103. She decided that Loralai needed to get Tylenol into her system ASAP, and gave her a Tylenol suppository. After about 20 minutes her fever FINALLY broke! My little girl is such a trooper, the entire time she was still smiling, definitely not her usual self but her spirits were still up. We saw the doctor at about 8am, and he said that she was ok, and confirmed it was just a virus and just to keep an eye on the fever. He also confirmed that her head from the fall was perfectly ok (Thank God)
So after all this, this afternoon Loralai breaks out into this horrible rash. I took her to the walk-in clinic, and the doctor told me that she had Roseola. Roseola is a mild illness caused by a virus, which is generally harmless and happens in children from 6 month-2 years. So basically this virus causes a high fever followed by this rash. The rash disappears very soon after it arises. The only thing about this virus is that you do not know what it is until it is almost gone, meaning the rash. Roseola is contagious only in the stages were there are no symptoms.
Loralai today was back to her normal self except for this rash, here is a picture of my poor little baby! The rash on her face is the worst, but this similar rash is all over the tiny body :( Hopefully the rash is gone by tomorrow!




4 comments:
Wow, she's such a strong little girl to get through all of that! It must have been so hard on both of you to see her cry and then have that fever!
Oh wow, I seriously had tears in my eyes while reading that. Poor little Loralai :( Wow she has gone through a lot the past few days and what a champ she has been.
I always get scared about fevers and feel like I don't do a good enough job taking Preston's temperature when I need to, because he is so wiggly. Luckily he's never had a high enough fever to be too worried. You are such a good mom to know how to take care of your daughter and to follow your instincts to take her into the doctor - that night when she felt too hot.
HOpefully this will all be overwith soon and things will get back to normal for you. You guys will be in my prayers --- feel better.
The poor darling... she really is such a little trooper! I hope she's feeling better :(
xoxo
If it helps Ava fell off my bed head first. Not much to brag about but it happens all the time (I think).
That rash you were talking about also sounds like 5th disease, maybe it's the same thing. Ava was exposed to it but never showed any symptoms.
BTW...I'm giving you a big Mama hug!!!
Post a Comment