Another reason to love sending your child to a home daycare/preschool that just happens to be run by your cousin and your child's godmother, is that she offered to take the little kiddies to swimming lessons on Wednesdays at 9:30am at our local YMCA. So Loralai, Ian, Jack, and Jocelyn started Bobber/Floaters 8 weeks ago, and their final class of the year was last Wednesday 7 December 2011.
Loralai's report card said that she had successfully passed Bobbers and that she could go into Floaters in the new year! Her instructor Brianna also provided some comments:
"Loralai has shown many of the YMCA core values. She always shows caring and respect by listening to her instructor and following through with tasks, to her best ability. Loralai has worked very hard this session. Her floats are looking great! I encourage Loralai to work on getting more comfortable putting her face in the water. Awesome work this session girl!"
My only complaint is that I took the day off to go and watch her last class, which just happens to also be the only class that you can bring your camera, well all they did was play the entire time. I get that the last class should be fun, but they at least should have for the first 15 minutes had a showcase of what they have learned up until now, and then the last 15 minutes have the free play time. I mean Loralai had her Grandma, Papa, Aunt Mindy, and Mommy come to watch, and I did not get to see what she has learned so far. So I will be making a recommendation/comment that maybe they could showcase what the kids have learned so far for the first part of the class, for the parents that work, or for the Grandparents that want to watch.
Anyway Loralai loves swimming! Here are some pictures:
The kiddies are going to start the next session on Wednesday's again in January!



0 comments:
Post a Comment