Monday, September 22, 2008

An afternoon at the Zoo


I had wanted to go to the zoo for a while, so on a lazy Saturday we decided that it would be fun to head over and make an afternoon showing Loralai all the animals. We went to the Elmvale Zoo which is a good starter zoo, as it is small and all the animals are located pretty close together. Loralai was really great, she loved looking around at everything, although I wish I had brought the front carrier instead of just the stroller, we ended up carrying her most of the time just so that she could see more.

While we were walking Todd turned to me and asked:"what is the difference between our baby and everyone else child here?"
me: " ours is the most beautiful baby ever"
Todd: "well yea, but she is the only one without a hat!"
me: "oops"

So yea it was a bright, no cloud in the sky, beautiful sunny day, and Loralai's bad parents did not bring her a hat! lol. So we had to keep looking for spots to show her the animals in the shade! Note to self...better prepare next time with hat and front carrier! You think after 3 months I would have it down but no, not yet!
But we did have a fun day :)
Loralai does not look so impressed in this picture , maybe she just put two and two together when she was looking at the monkeys about how we call her a little monkey sometimes! lol

0 comments: