Monday, September 8, 2008

And the Journey Begins....

Being a mother is definitely the most incredibly beautiful life changing experience. No one told me though that my due date of June 5th would actually turn out to be a birthday of June 16th instead. However, they say the best things come to those who wait, and that sure is the truth because Loralai Gloria Ella Baker made her debut 11 fashionable days late!

You know what with all the reading, the prenatal course, and asking people their personal opinions/experience about birth, nothing could have ever prepared me for what it would feel like! Even to try and explain it now would be difficult, and it wasn't that long ago I was just experiencing it. Even while pregnant all the books tell you that it is normal to gain anywhere from 25-35 lbs, but they don’t seem to mention that you need to account for swelling and water weight too. I gained nearly 60lbs, and I thought it would come off no problem. Yes you lose weight right away, but only 20lbs came off easily (the swelling/water weight and of course placenta, fluid, and baby), so 40 lbs to go for me!

People (at least in my experience) normally do not tell you their lovely experience in the hospital and at home post-natal, since normally it is all about the baby, but I’ll share! I did however find hearing about other women’s labor and delivery stories fascinating because even though you would think our bodies basically have the same process, the experiences vary so much. So this blog will take you through my journey from labor and delivery, post-natal, start of motherhood, weight loss, going back to school fulltime, and everything in between. Welcome, feel free to leave comments, experiences, and advice if you like!


0 comments: