
So I started school last week taking my post graduate in Human Resources Management. I thought that I would go and take the course while I am on Maternity Leave, when I actually could afford to go to school fulltime. I am there for 18 hours a week. My schedule is as follows:
Monday No class
Tuesday 8-11am Compensation
Wednesday 8-11am Employment Law; 12-3pm Labour Economics
Thursday 8-11am Human Resources Management
Friday 11-2pm Recruiting and Selection; 3-6pm Labour Relations
I try and get Loralai as soon as I get out of class and we spend some good bonding time together! I miss her like crazy when I am gone! I do feel good that she is either with her grandparents or my cousin Carrie who does home daycare and one of the best mom's I know, so she is in definitely the best hands she can be in when she is not with Todd or me.
I have been out of school since 2006 when I graduated with my BA in Law, so trying to get back into the groove with a baby has been tough. It will continue to be my biggest challenge, but I am ready! This program comes with a paying internship in the spring and I am excited about getting some HR work experience. It is hard to get a career out there is you do not specialize in a particular field (in my personal experience and observation) My law degree was just too broad if you did not want to take the lawyer root, and I do not want to go back and work fulltime in the financial industry, it is just not the place for me.
So there is not lots of social time for me anymore :( with making sure that I am spending all the time that I can with Loralai (which is very important for me and her I think) and then reading chapters, researching, and writing papers....ack!! Sleep, what is that??? lol. Loralai still wakes up once at night to eat and then I am up until all hours completing work and of course trying to spend sometime with Todd, then up at 5:30am to get ready and Loralai ready for the day.
Hopefully all the work (which will only get worse soon) will pay off in the end with a good FT career...fingers crossed.



0 comments:
Post a Comment