My labor of love story actually started 3 days before Loralai was born. Apparently neither my body nor Loralai was ready for the process to begin. I had to be induced 3 times and let me tell you this is not a pleasant process! So on the Friday when I went to get induced (the first time) they hooked me up to a monitor for 20 minutes, checked me, and then decided which strength gel to use, they insert the gel and then I waited for 1hr and then walked for 1hr. This process gives you lovely painful cramps that last constantly until the gel wears off, so no sleep for me lol.
They sent me home and told me to come back at 8am the next day, well they called me at 7:30am and said they were too busy and to CALL them at around 2pm. So I was furious, I get the fact that they are busy but I mean you have to psych yourself up for the pain and processes, so that was just mean! Anyways, I ended up going in at 8pm (only 12 hours late) and being there until 1am when they sent me home AGAIN err. So I went in the next day (Sunday) after being told they were too busy again, at about 11am. They sent me home but told me that I would be coming back that same day at 6pm because I was dilated enough to break my water (why they didn't break first instead of inducing again is beyond me).
So at 4:30pm on I go back because I am in so much pain and it is constant because of the gel with more intense moments which I assume is contractions. So we go and still do not get hooked up until about 6:30pm, and then the DR finally comes into break my water yay. Now of course the stronger pain starts. Since I had been in constant pain for about the entire weekend at this point, I would say around 8pm I asked for some pain relief. The anesthesiologist was in surgery, and to my horror would be for at least a couple of hours before I could get my epidural. So I was given a shot of Morphine to tide me over but all the Morphine did was make me tired and groggy to the point where I couldn't open my eyes, but still felt all the pain. I FINALLY got my epidural at 11:30pm. So I get the epi and it starts to only take on my left side (all the contraction pain is on my right) so I am quietly FREAKING OUT, but it FINALLY started to take on my right side yay which meant I got to finally start enjoying the labour process, smile, and sleep! Epidural's are wonderful!
So the nurse continues to track me and check me and I was dilating pretty fast but looking back it really wasn’t that fast but at about 6:30am when I was at 10 cm ready to go, my contractions spaced out and I was not able to push. So they gave me some oxytocin so help get them closer together, and oh did I mention that the contraction tracker was not picking up my contractions the entire time, so when it came time to push they were just going on when I felt pressure WHICH WAS CONSTANTLY!! So I kept thinking ok so I guess now is a good time to push, and that is how I pushed.
By this time the epi had completely worn off in one spot, can you guess what that spot was?? Yep the point of no return, the vagina! lol. So I felt everything the entire time I pushed, which was for just over an hour. It was the most agonizing pain in the entire world; words can not describe it, I wanted to throw up. I kept telling Todd that I wanted a c-section while her head kept coming out a bit, and then back in again. I was pushing wrong, I felt like if I pushed into my bottom that I would end up going to the washroom so I was not pushing into that feeling, well that is what I was apparently suppose to be pushing into (the nurse yelled at me, I hated her at the time lol but looking back she was wonderful) so when I finally started to push into the feeling, 10 minutes later the DR was in the room, and then she was born at 8:21am. I felt the tear but when she finally came out it was the biggest relief. The DR pulled the placenta out since I was still frozen everywhere else, but had to refreeze my vagina so that he could stitch me up. I was of course beside myself bawling when they placed her onto me after they cleaned her up and checked her (she pooped in the womb and I had step B) I just kept telling her how beautiful she was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment