This morning at around 5am, I heard Loralai squirming a bit, I knew that she was hungry but was not making any whining noises or crying so I continued to lay there for a few more minutes. I then decided that I should get up and feed her because I had to get in a little studying before I had to take her over to my cousin Carrie's while I wrote my exam.
WELL I walk up to the crib and Loralai (who as you know just learned how to roll) is laying there face down not moving...I freaked out scooped her up and flipped her over, she starts crying probably thinking 'what the heck is going on I was sleeping here', I am now shaking because I was TERRIFIED and continued to for about 20 minutes after.
Needless to say we reinstated the sleep positioner at least until she is a pro at rolling because there is no way that I can feel like that again! We also do not use bumpers because I feel the consequences outweigh the benefits 100 to 1; a couple of weeks ago I also started using a sleep sack which works wonderfully (does not some off with kicking, keeps her warm) and there is no worrying about blankets being pulled over the face, win win situation!
I am glad that Loralai's crib is in the same room with me now, otherwise I think I would be sleeping on the floor beside the crib if it wasn't!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How scary! She is so good at rolling over now.
A couple weeks ago I heard Preston crying during the night through the baby monitors and I thought I would just wait another min cuz I was sooooooooo tired. But then decided I'd better get up though. I found him with his blanket completely over his face. I felt sooooooooooo bad. I ran to him and pulled it off. It was a light blanket so I knew he could breath, but it was how scared he was that made me feel bad. I actually felt bad for several days afterwards and would have the image of him crying with the blanket stuck over him in my head.
Now when I hear him starting to make even litlle grunts during the night I always jump up and go check on him.
I make sure that I check on her now when she is moving and grunting too, I think I got up about 5 times last night just to make sure everything was ok! I am not getting as much sleep but I figure it as if I did not check I would laying there awake thinking about it, might as well go check and then go right back to sleep after!
I think once you become a mom, all that good sleep you used to get disappears into a distant fond memory!
Post a Comment